Tell us a little bit about yourself! What are your hobbies? Why are you studying artificial intelligence? Anything else we should know?
- My name is Sienna Simantob and I am from Los Angeles California. I love swimming and aerial arts (mostly lrya and silks). I want to go into the medical field or biomedical engineering in the future. I am studying artificial intelligence because it interests me. I joined a high school robotics team when I was in 8th grade and I wanted to be of better use to my team because I knew absolutely nothing about AI.
What was your AI Scholars experience like? Who was your instructor and what was it like working with them? What project did you work on?
- I am currently apart of the AI Scholars and I love it. My first five classes were with Cade Crow and I loved the environment. I got to know people from all over the world and I had a great time in class. We made it fun, we joked around a bit, got to know each other but we still learned so much. Currently, my instructor is Helena Vasconcelos, and my group is working on discovering phenomena in the lungs with X-rays. I’ve only attended one class with Helena so far, but I love this class and would recommend it to everyone.
What AI topic will you be writing about in your blog? Describe your topic in detail!
- I will be writing about Guidance because I had a very unique experience with AI. The robotics team at my school is mostly male-based and I joined said team a year earlier than normal. I was the second person at my school to do so, the first person to do so is currently the captain of the team. I am going to be talking about what got me interested in science and AI. What classes I recommend if you have the chance to take them and how to connect with people using AI and robotics.
Who is your target audience? Why should they be interested in your blog?
- My target audience is Freshmen and Middle schoolers. I started learning about robotics in 5th grade and I think it’s never too early to start. They should be interested in my blog because I will write honestly about how I got into AI, the hardships I went through and I had a unique experience with AI that they could learn a lot from.
What are you hoping to achieve with your blog?
- I am hoping to teach young schoolers how to succeed the best they can in school and AI. I want to guide people to success through my unique experience with AI.
Sienna Simantob is a Student Ambassador in the Inspirit AI Student Ambassadors Program. Inspirit AI is a pre-collegiate enrichment program that exposes curious high school students globally to AI through live online classes. Learn more at https://www.inspiritai.com/.